- Overclocking ATMEGA8515 to 24MHz is really
safe. You don't need to worry, it won't
spoil or even become hot.
- You need to setup AVR fuse bits correctly
after first firmware
flashing. Setting fuse bits incorrectly may
cause AVR to stop working.
- Third overtone crystals won't work with
SwinSID. If you experience problems with
running SwinSID like very low sound pitch
use fundamental frequency crystal or
integrated crystal oscilator.
- TDA1543A DAC has more complex bus protocol
and requires special firmware to run
correctly. Because this prorocol takes
more CPU time this DAC is not recommended as
it slows down processing.
- Both master and slave AVRs on hybrid board
runs the same firmware versions.
- After every reset SwinSID plays short test
tone. The tone frequency is 1000Hz on main
core and 500Hz on slave.
- SwinSID X2 firmware is compatible with
hybrid board as well as with simplified
single layer PCB, however the red LED won't
- Optionally SID socket on hybrid PCB can be
used to improve compability (reading SID
registers) and generate sound on standard
C64 audio output.
- You can use 8bit PWM output to playback
sound without DAC, just connect B0 AVR pin
with 4,7K resistor to AUDIO OUT SID socket
pin. You also need to add bias by connecting
4,7K from +5V to AUDIO OUT pin.
|Stereo reverb effect
with sinlge AVR. For TDA1543 only
|Full ASM source code
||Single AVR schematic
||Single AVR board
layout (view from
the top, 600 DPI)
Single sided PCB for easy soldering.
If you have any questions about this project or need
help with building
SwinSID just mail me.
All files from
are intended for testing purpose only, for