Micro SwinSID and 6581 SID side by side
help and support contact me at
2012.11.23 New firmware for Micro/Nano SwinSID
This version has only one improvement: fixed audio muting emulation
2011.07.10 Mega SwinSID
prototype on video
My Mega SwinSID prototype is finally working. It can play simple SID
music with stereo reverb. It is built with 32bit ARM Cortex chip
running at 80MHz. Watch my first demo at youtube
2011.03.11 Nano SwinSID
- smallest SwinSID ever
x1541 designed new PCB for Micro SwinSID hardware and called it Nano
SwinSID. It has the size of real SID chip!.
thread for more info.
Mega SwinSID prototype unveilded
Mega SwinSID is a completly new synth module based on 32bit ARM Cortex
MCU and 512KB sample memory.
More info and pictures at forum
Micro SwinSID firmware update
This new firmware brings 6581 filter emulation by connecting B0 AVR pin
Filter distrortions are still not emulated, only filter cutoff is
Floppy Blaster with SwinSID video at youtube
Watch SwinSID playing together with floppy drive here
Micro SwinSID video at youtube
You can watch it here
Micro SwinSID review
The review is aviable at ilesj's
First firmware for Micro SwinSID (ATMega88)
- Modified for 32MHz operation
- Hgher 41.6 KHz sampling rate
- 16bit PWM output
2010.04.16 Minor firmware update
- much improved sound of combined waveforms
2010.03.02 Major firmware update
- support for all filter modes (lowpass, highpass, bandpass, notch)
- improved filter resonance range
- added support for ring modulation
- better sound of noise waveform
- improved ADSR envelope
- fixed hard sync bug
- fixed voice 3 mute bug
- fixed startup initialization
- better support for "Fanta in space" sample playback tricks
- stereo split mode with special firmware
- 8bit PWM output on AVR port B0
- code optimizations for speed and clarity
- Fixed bug in calculating filter cutoff
- Released version for TDA1543A DAC
- New MIDIBox firmware with all current updates from C64 version.
- Updated web site with new photos and detailed info about SwinSID X2
- New firmware with improved waveforms, filter and noise pitch
- The new and much improved SwinSID X2 firmware for C64 and MIDIBox was
- Updated demos section.
- SwinSID X2 was reviewed by Thorsten Klose, creator of the MIDIBox
hardware platform. Read it.
- New SwinSID SE firmware released with improved TDA1543 support
- New demo music
- SwinSID SE schematic and firmware are available for download. Check
the 'Schematic' section.
- An interview with me about SwinSID project can be found in CeVi-aktuell
06/2006 - German C64-magazine
- Photos of the new SwinSID board was added to the gallery.
- SwinSID2 prototype specification released.
- Optimized code for speed.
- New effect - duty cycle for pulse waveform. (With this SwinSID sounds
close to real SID.)
- Mixing with interpolation
- Support for three voices with 8 instruments and reverb.
Added high quality stereo DAC.
- Prototype working in C64 with only 1 voice and 1 instrument. Output
is taken from 8 bit DAC
- Idea of creating sound module for C64 and first calculations.